Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 2018 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit Reveal

Hello everyone and happy March 1st! It's Susan here, taking my turn at selecting our inspiration for a month of using up our supplies.  My choice was definitely out of the box...the scrap box, that is.  Our inspiration for March is a kit I put together based on the formula Jill Sprott used in her stash-busting challenge series.  You can read all about Jill's concept and formula here on her blog.  I thought this was such a fun way to dig into our supplies and create a truly one-of-a-kind kit.  And so here is what I put together:


I'm calling it "Little Bits of Happy" because I used lots of odds and ends and leftovers and filled it with colors and patterns that made me happy.

Let's take a look at the papers - there's a variety of colors, textures and patterns and the kit includes a few specialty pieces (vellum, transparency) as well.

Here are a few detail shots:


There are puffy stickers and white stars, polka dots, text and hearts on woodgrain.


There are florals and stripes, tone on tone patterns, splashes of color and a hit of black and white.  There are pocket cards and tags.  


There are die-cuts, washi, twine, a big wood veneer piece and some gold hearts on vellum.


There are more puffy hearts and a big sheet of stickers.

So now that I've introduced you to our inspiration, I'd now like you to meet our Guest Designer for the month, Libeeti Frenkel.  Libeeti has been playing along with us, counterfeiting kits of her own and participating in our monthly challenges.


Hello to you, forgers gang! I'm Libeeti from Israel.  I'm a single mom of two teenager boys, aged 16 & 13.  My boys, and our life together, are the main subject of my scrapping, but to tell the truth - I scrap therefore I am.  Now seriously, scrapping for me is much more than documenting and preserving our memories. It became my outlet, my therapy.
I have another confession to share with you (and I know I'll have your full sympathy) - I'm a terrible scrap stash hoarder. This is the main reason I love Counterfeit Kit Challenge so much.  It makes me use all the pretty things I hoard. I was never a member of a kit club, and yet my scrappy nook is full of beautiful pp, embellies, dies, mixed media goodies, etc.
I love making 12x12 layouts, mini albums and altered & DIY projects.  Lately I'm in love with making boxes.  My style can be described as mixed media, multi-layers, and having lots of embellishments.  I just can't stop adding more and more.  One of my challenges is to try and work in a CAS style.
Currently, I'm on 4 design teams: Stuck?! Sketches, CSI (Colors, Stories, Inspiration), The Robbin's Nest and Altair Art.
I love to learn new artistic ways to express myself, new techniques, etc.  I also love to share my creative process with others through my YouTube channel and my blog.  I would be happy if you visit me in my social media places: my blog, my FB page, my YouTube channel, my Pinterest.

Welcome, Libeeti! We are happy to have you with us and are looking forward to sharing a fun month with you!

Now it's time to take a look at how Libeeti and the rest of our team interpreted my kit:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer Libeeti - https://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.co.il
Kelly - https://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
Leslie - https://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lisa - http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/
Lori - http://loriannie670.blogspot.com/
Margie - http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Laurahttps://www.instagram.com/ 

We love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using our Link-Up Page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and use the tag #counterfeitkitchallenge).

I hope you're inspired by this little detour from our usual routine and that you'll join us be making your own kit this month.  I'll be back tomorrow with some hints on how to get started - see you then!
SaveSave
SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT and I'm pretty sure I have at least 2 of those papers in my stash also, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! They're like old friends aren't they?!

      Delete
  2. Great to see Libeeti on here. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how fun it was for me to see all your gorgeous kits! Here's to a great month...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that's an intriguing spin on the inspiration, can't wait to give it a go! Hello to Libeeti X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie - looking forward to seeing what you put together!

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.